Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Affordable housing in California

Finding affordable housing in California can be a nightmare. The only places where affordable housing California is guaranteed are places where no one wants to live. Even in the middle of the desert, California housing is less affordable than in many places. It is sad to say, but for a lot of the people who grow up in California, home ownership is a dream that will never come true. Affordable housing California is simply too rare of a find.

Of course, there is affordable housing help for some of the poorest of the poor, but it does not amount to all that much. On the contrary, living in the projects in California is no picnic. Unfortunately, this is some of the only affordable housing California has to offer. I grew up in the San Francisco bay, so I know what I am talking about. I looked far and wide for affordable housing in California, but it took me years to even be able to afford a down payment on a place of my own. When I finally did get the money together, it was for a house that was far from where I worked. That means that, for the rest of my life, I will have to spend 2 hours a day commuting to and from the office. California affordable housing is simply not worth this expensive waste of time and gas money!

Of course, if you are willing to make some sacrifices, there are some affordable housing California options available. A friend of mine wanted to live in a California beach house, and was willing to make this the center of his life. He found some of the the only affordable housing California can provide: he moved in with some roommates at the beach house.

This helped a little bit, but it did not really solve his problems. He has to live in a ramshackle, run-down place because there is no where else where he can find affordable housing California available. You should see his house. It really is a big mess. Not only are all of the walls sagging, but I think that there is a mold infestation in the ceiling. No one should have to live in a place like that just to be able to have affordable housing California. It really is not a safe or healthy place to be. He could do a lot better if he moved.